Two weeks into the New Year. Do you have your first quarter forecasted and planned?
And, I have a gift for you that will save you time by taking the guess work out of prioritizing your 2020 projects quarter by quarter!
I call it: 7 metrics to measure the worthiness of your 2020 priority projects
This method is so streamlined. It’s a rinse and repeat system every quarter to maximize your time spent for the ROI all based on being in your genius zone and experiencing joy/excitement more.
- Bring up a blank spreadsheet or Google doc. On the left side column list up to six projects, conferences, speaking gigs, campaigns, etc., that you believe will move your business forward in that quarter. You may already have your 2020 first quarter projects listed somewhere. Now use these metrics to measure their worthiness:
- Across the top horizontally list the following categories to measure each project listed on the left side. Have a full discussion with your partner, team, me, or mastermind partner answering these. You will find surprising answers to what is really worth your time, investment and energy:
- Excitement level (how excited are you really to do this?) Give yourself a scale of 1-5 with 5 being totally excited and joyful doing it.
- How much of this is really in your genius zone?
- How much time will it take to produce and complete?
- Estimate revenues or income you will produce from that effort
- What people and resources are needed to make it happen?
- How much money do you need to invest and what’s the ROI? (Let’s say you are invited to speak at a conference or just attend it. How much will it cost you to do so and what are the projected revenues from that?)
- What’s the impact on your industry and in the world by you doing this?
I want the first metric of enjoyment/excitement to be the leading factor in choosing to do a project. Stop doing mediocre projects that don’t light you up!
You will eliminate projects you thought were important. Going through this litmus test will shine the light on what’s truly worthy of your time and enjoyment.
Tweet: Going through this litmus test will shine the light on what’s truly worthy of your time and enjoyment. @marladiann #creatives #mentor #coaching #priorities #metrics
Helpful? Let me know how I can support you!